Spiced Coffee Cream Sponge
Serves: 6 - 8
Prep: 15 minutes
Cook: 20 minutes
75 g self-raising flour (1/2 cup)
0.5 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon cardamom
0.5 teaspoon cinnamon
160 g Natvia (3/4 cup)
250 g butter, melted
250 mls thickened cream
1 tablespoon Natvia
2 teaspoon instant coffee
- Preheat the oven to 180C
- To make the base, sift into a bowl, self-raising flour, baking powder, cardamom, and cinnamon.
- Add in Natvia, eggs, and melted butter. Mix until combined. Line two round baking trays and split the mixture between the two trays. One half for the base of the cake, the other for the top.
- Bake at 180C for 15 - 20 minutes.
- To make the cream filling add to a bowl the thicken cream, Natvia, and instant coffee. Mix together with electric mixer.
- On the base of the cake, add most of the cream filling. Then, add the top of the cake before adding another layer of cream filling to the top of the dish.
- Garnish with cinnamon and serve.
|Carbs||Pro||Fats||Energy KJ||Calories||Serving size|