Steamed Pumpkin Mochi
Prep: 30 Minutes
- 150g Pumpkin
- 1/3 cup/70g Glutinous rice flour
- 2 tbsp/20g/0.7 oz wheat starch
- 1 tsp Natvia Sweetener
- 3 tbsp/60mlWater more as needed
- 16 each Goji berries
- as needed red bean paste for filling optional
- Ready a bamboo steamer. Chop pumpkin into big chunks and place on steaming plate. Steam for 15-20 minutes or until soft.
- Scape out the flesh to remove the skin, mash thoroughly with a fork or potato masher. Let it set aside to cool slightly.
- Meanwhile, prepare parchment papers with the size of 5 x 5 cm. In a large bowl, combine glutinous rice flour, wheat starch and Natvia. Add pumpkin puree and knead until the mixture is crumbly.
- Slowly add in water, 1 tbsp at a time. Knead until a smooth dough form. If the dough it too dry, add a little more water. Roll the dough into a log and divide into equal portions.
- Take a portion, flatten slightly and place 1 teaspoon of red bean paste in the middle. Wrap and shape into an oval ball. Repeat with the rest of the ingredients.
- Using the back of a butter knife, mark 6 indentations and insert a goji berry on top of each ball to from mini pumpkin.
- Arrange them on parchment paper and place in a bamboo steamer, leaving space in between.
- Steam over high heat for about 8 minutes. Remove from heat and let cool completely.
- To store, refrigerate for 2-3 days. Re-steam before serving.