Tomato Onion and Basil Vegetable Patties
Ingredients1 cup/100g/3.5oz Broccoli stems, diced or grated 1 cup/100g/3.5oz Zucchini, roughly chopped 1 ea. small red onion, finely sliced 2 ea. Garlic cloves, finely chopped 1 tsp Dried Basil 1 tsp Dried parsley 1 tsp Paprika 1 tsp Vegamite 4 cups/400g/14oz Diced tomatoes 1 tbsp/20ml/0.7oz olive oil 1-2 tbsp/14-28g/0.5-1oz Natvia to taste Salt, cracked pepper Oil for shallow frying rolled oats/wheat germ optional
- Steam or pan fry broccoli, zucchini, onion, and garlic until soft.
- Transfer to a bowl, combine with half of the diced tomatoes and all remaining ingredients.
- Process or mash together, adding remaining tomatoes and liquid to hold the mix together.
- Add extra wheat germ or rolled oats to bind, if mix is too runny.
- Shape the mixture into patties and lightly coat in flour or wheat germ if desired (not necessary).
- Fry Patties in oil, taking care when turning over. As all ingredients are pre-cooked the patties don't need more than 1-2 minutes per side.