1.5 cup all purpose flour
0.75 cup cornstarch
0.5 cup Natvia 100% Natural Sweetener
2 egg yolks
0.66 cup butter, room temperature
1 cup dulce de leche
0.25 cup shredded coconut
- Preheat your oven to 180º C.
- Sift your all purpose flour and cornstarch together in a large bowl, set aside.
- Add in a mixer your Natvia, egg yolks and room temperature butter, whisk until pale and fluffy.
- Start incorporating your flour and cornstarch into the mixer.
- Fold in your dry ingredients into the batter until all is well combined.
- Take your dough and chill it for 1 hour to make it firm enough to roll it.
- Roll your dough in a floured surface.
- Cut your alfajor cookies, I like mine to be around 3 - 4 mm thick.
- Chill your cookies for at least 10 minutes before baking, this will help the cookies to keep their shape.
- Bake your alfajor cookies for 10 minutes.
- When your cookies are completely cooled it is time to assemble them.
- Take one and spread some dulce de leche on it.
- Put another cookie on top of the dulce de leche, use it as a glue.
- To finish, add shredded coconut in the middle of the two cookies, where you can see the dulce de leche.