Almond Butter Chia Jam Bars
Natvia's Strawberry and Raspberry Fruit Spreads mean you can enjoy more of the good stuff with none of the nasties. Our fruit spreads are diabetic-friendly, naturally sweetened and contain just 8 calories per serve!
Find out more here!
- Add 2 cups of wholegrain rolled oats to a blender and blend until the mix has become dust.
- Once the rolled oats have become dust, add them to a mixing bowl and add 1 cup of Almond Butter to the mix, along with 2 tbsp of Natvia and 1/3 cup of flax seeds.
- Whilst stirring the mixture with your hands, add 3 tbsp of coconut oil one by one.
- Once you have mixed the contents of the bowl together and it resembles breadcrumbs, line a baking tray of bread pan and spread the mixture out flat.
- Once flattened in the bottom of the pan and a flat crust layer has been formed, place in the fridge to chill (approx 30 min).
- Add 2 cups of the mixed berries to a new bowl. The mixed berries can be your own mix of blueberries, raspberries, strawberries etc.
- Use a potato masher and squash the berry mixture until it all resembles jam.
- Once like Jam, add 1 tbsp Natvia to the mix.
- Add 1/2 cup Chia seeds and continue to stir the mixture until it has all combined evenly.
- Once evenly mixed, set aside for 15 mins so that the chia seeds can gel with the fruits and have the jam thicken.
- Chop 90g Dark Chocolate and place in a glass bowl ready to use as a double boiler.
- Add 1 tbsp of coconut oil and wait for the chocolate to melt whilst stirring.
- Continue to stir the chocolate until completely melted.
- Take the crust out of the fridge, and pour and spread the jam layer over the top of the crust evenly.
- Once the jam is evenly spread, add the melted chocolate onto the top of the jam and evenly distribute.
- Set the slice in the fridge.
- Once set and the chocolate is hard, take it out of the fridge and slice into desired portions and enjoy a delicious sugar free treat!