Apple and Redcurrant Crumble
0 A large handful of redcurrants, picked off the stalks
2 apples, peeled, cored and chopped
2 Juice of 2 oranges, reserve the zest of 1 orange
1 teaspoon Natvia
2 tablespoon honey
1 cup rolled oats
0.33 cup ground flaxseed
0.5 teaspoon Himalayan salt
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
0.5 teaspoon ground cinnamon
0.5 cup almonds, soaked for 6 hours
60 mls coconut oil
40 mls raw honey
- Firstly, remember to pre-soak the almonds. Drain, rinse & pat them dry.
- Preheat the oven to 180 C.
- In a saucepan combine all the fruit layer ingredients. Simmer for around 10-15 minutes until tender. Once softened, pour into an oven-proof dish.
- For the crumble, put the oats, ground flaxseed, salt, vanilla, cinnamon, orange zest and almonds into a food processor. Process until a crumb-like texture forms. Add the coconut oil and honey and combine well. Spread over the rhubarb mixture.
- Bake for 20 – 30 minutes until the crumble is golden and the sauce is bubbling up around the edges. Best served warm, but also delicious served at room temperature for breakfast the next day, with some coconut yoghurt.