Upsidedown pear almond cake
Makes 12 slices
60 g dates chopped
2 ripe pears, peeled, cored, and sliced
150 g unsalted butter
0.5 cup Natvia
0.75 cup plain flour
1.5 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
40 g almond meal
1 cup buttermilk
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Grease and line a baking tray.
- Spread the chopped dates in the baking tray. Melt 50g butter and pour into the tray.
- Add the pear slices on top of the dates.
- Beat together 100g butter and Natvia. Followed by adding vanilla extract and eggs.
- Combine all dry ingredients, add to the mix. Also add the buttermilk. Mix until well combined.
- Bake for 1 hour and 20 minutes, cover with foil if surface starts to brown too quickly.
- Toss flaked almond in cinnamon and bake in oven for roughly 10 minutes until golden.
- Sprinkle the almond on top.
- Serve with cream to taste.