Apple Crumble Muffins
0.5 cup all-purpose flour
0.5 cup rolled oats
1 cup Natvia Natural Sweetener
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
6 tablespoon melted butter
0.5 cup vegetable oil
0.75 cup Natvia Natural Sweetener
0.75 cup buttermilk
2 eggs, lightly beaten
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 cup wholemeal flour
2 teaspoon baking powder
1.5 teaspoon ground cinnamon
0.5 teaspoon salt
1.5 cup peeled and chopped apples (approximately 0.5x0.5cm squares or larger if you prefer)
- Preheat oven to 180ºC and line a 12-hole muffin tin with paper liners.
- Crumble: in a bowl, whisk together flour, oats, sweetener and cinnamon. Pour in melted butter and mix with a fork until a crumble forms.
- Muffins: In a large bowl, whisk together oil, sweetener and buttermilk. Add eggs and vanilla and whisk again.
- In a separate bowl, combine the flours, baking powder, cinnamon and salt. Gradually stir flour mix into the wet mix until just combined. Fold in chopped apples.
- Divide mixture evenly into prepared muffin tins and top with crumble mixture.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until an inserted skewer comes out clean.
- Allow to cool for 15 minutes before enjoying. Muffins should be consumed within three days.