Coffee & Hazelnut Biscotti
Ingredients2 cups all-purpose flour 1 tsp baking powder Pinch salt 2 tsp instant espresso 3 eggs ¾ cup Natvia Natural Sweetener 1 tbsp coffee liqueur (optional) 1 tsp vanilla extract 1 cup hazelnuts, toasted with skins removed
- Preheat oven to 180ºC.
- In a bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, salt and instant espresso.
- In a separate bowl, beat together the eggs, sweetener, coffee liqueur if using and vanilla extract. Gradually stir in the dry flour mix followed by the hazelnuts. A soft dough should form. If this mixture is too wet or too dry, add a little more flour or liqueur.
- Line a tray with baking paper. Divide dough into two separate logs and place them evenly apart. Bake for 25 minutes, until the dough feels firm to touch.
- Remove logs from the oven and allow to cool for approximately 20 minutes. Using a serrated knife, cut logs into slices about one centimeter thick. Lay biscuits back on the baking tray and return to the oven for a further 15-20 minutes or until biscuits are firm.
- Store biscotti in an airtight container and consume within three days.