Prep: 15 Minutes
Cook: 20- 30 Minutes
70 g Vegan Butter
45 g Natvia (1/4 cup)
1 teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
Pinch of Salt
2 Sheets of Puff Pastry, partiality thawed
1 tablespoon Water
Natvia, as needed
Ground Cinnamon, as needed
- Starting with the Apple filling, the first step is to, melt the butter in a medium/high heat pan.
- Add the sliced apples and sauté until slightly tender.
- Add cinnamon, salt, Nativa and sauté until apples are tender and Natvia has dissolved.
- Allow to cool before using.
- How to Assemble, the first step is to, cut each sheet of puff pastry into 6 squares, depending on desired size of turnover.
- Whisk together the egg and water to create an egg wash and brush onto the edges of the puff pastry squares.
- Place spoonful of apples onto half of the squares, making sure not to go too close to the edges.
- Fold one side of the turnover, over the apples and press edges into each other and place onto pan.
- If desired you can use a fork and make slight imprints with the tines around the edges. Using the tine of the fork create a few holes in the top of the turn over.
- Brush with the remaining egg wash and sprinkle with Natvia and cinnamon.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes until golden brown.
- Serve warm or room temperature.