Asian Carrot Salad with Sweet Tamari Sesame Dressing
servings 8 – 10
5 carrots julienned or spiralised
0.25 head purple cabbage finely sliced or shaved
0.5 bunch coriander leaves torn
3 large shallots finely sliced
0.25 cup sesame seeds (lightly toasted in a dry pan for 3-4 mins)
2 avocados (optional)
1 lemon juice only
2 tablespoon tamari sauce
2 tablespoon sesame oil
2 tablespoon coconut vinegar or apple cider vinegar
1 teaspoon Natvia
1 teaspoon unpasturised miso paste
1 teaspoon fresh ginger grated
1 tablespoon filtered water
- Prepare all vegetables as instructed above.
- Combine cabbage, carrot and shallots in a large salad bowl. Toss through half the coriander, saving the other half for decoration.
- Next, sprinkle the top with the sesame seeds. If using avocado, chop it on top.
- Scatter the remaining coriander leaves.
- Whisk together all dressing ingredients in a medium bowl with a fork or whisk, or shake together in a jar. Pour over salad when ready to serve. Enjoy!