Blueberry, Lime, and Coconut Muffins
Liked this recipe? SAVE it to your collection. You can find more sugar-free recipes like this one and more over on our Youtube at Healthy Treats. Liked this recipe? SAVE it to your collection
Prep: 15 minutes
Cook: 20 minutes
For the muffins -
100 g oat flour (1 Cup)
90 g ground almonds (3/4 Cup)
25 g desiccated coconut (1/3 Cup)
1 teaspoon baking powder
4 tablespoon coconut oil
150 mls coconut milk
100 g Natvia natural sweetener (1/2 Cup)
2 tablespoon flaxseed + 4 tablespoons water
Zest and juice of 2 limes
1 teaspoon vanilla
100 g blueberries (3/4 Cup)
For coconut topping -
200 g cream cheese or coconut yogurt (1 Cup)
3 tablespoon Natvia natural sweetener
2 tablespoon desiccated coconut
Dash of vanilla extract
Granola and blueberries, to decorate
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees C and grease and line a 6-hole muffin tin.
- Mix together the flour, ground almonds, coconut and baking powder in a large bowl.
- Place the coconut oil, coconut milk and Natvia in a pan and heat up to allow the sugar to bubble for a couple of minutes. Remove from the heat.
- Whisk together the flaxseed and water and leave to stand for 10 minutes then stir this into the coconut mixture.
- Pour into the dry ingredients and fold in ¾ of the lime juice and zest and blueberries. Spoon between the muffin tins to fill the top then bake for 20 minutes until risen. Leave to cool.
- Meanwhile beat together the cream cheese/coconut yogurt, Natvia, coconut, vanilla and the remaining lime zest and juice and chill in the fridge until needed.
- When the muffins have cooled, spoon over some of the frosting on top and decorate each one with blueberries and granola. Enjoy!
|Carbs||Pro||Fats||Energy KJ||Calories||Serving size|