Bread and Butter pudding
Prep Time 25 mins
Cook Time 1 hour
IngredientsMelted unsalted butter, for greasing 75g unsalted butter, softened 12 thick slices no added sugar bread, crusts removed 1 cup frozen mixed berries Pure cream, to serve Custard 3 eggs, at room temperature 3 egg yolks, at room temperature 1/2 cup Natvia 2 1/2 cups milk 1/2 cup thickened cream 2 tsps finely grated lemon grind 1 tsp vanilla bean paste
- Brush melted butter over base and side of a rectangular ovenproof dish (12 cup capacity)
- Spread softened butter onto one side of each bread slice. Cut in half diagonally. Arrange half the bread butter side up, in a single layer, slightly overlapping, over base of dish. Sprinkle over half the berries. Repeat with remaining bread and berries.
- To make the custard, whisk eggs, egg yolk, and Natvia in a large bowl. Add milk, cream, rind, and vanilla. Whisk to combine. Pour over bread in dish. Cover with foil. Stand for 1 hour to soak. Uncover.
- Place dish in a large roasting pan. Pour enough boiling water into roasting pan to come halfway up the sides of the dish.
- Cook in a moderately slow oven (160C) for about 1 hour, or until custard is set and top is crisp and golden. Remove pan. Stand for 15 minutes.
- Serve warm pudding with cream.