Pear & Cinnamon Muffins
makes 8 large muffins
3 pears (cored and with skin)
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
3 teaspoon Natvia Natural Sweetener
4 tablespoon water
4 cup oat flour
0.5 cup Natvia Natural Sweetener
2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
2 teaspoon baking powder
0 Pinch of salt
2 medium size eggs
1 cup coconut milk
0.5 cup olive oil
0.5 pear sliced
- Begin by preheating the oven at 180C degrees/Gas mark 5.
- Chop 3 pears into medium size chunks (cored with ski left on), add them to a saucepan on medium heat, along with the cinnamon, water and Natvia Natural Sweetener – simmer for 10-15 minutes to caramelise.
- For this recipe I made my own oat flour, begin the process by blending 4 cups of oats in a powerful food processor, blend thoroughly until the oats turn into flour.
- Sieve the newly fresh oat flour into a large mixing bowl; add the Natvia Natural Sweetener along with the baking powder, cinnamon and salt and mix to combine the dry ingredients.
- Form a hole in the middle of the dry ingredients using your hands, add the eggs, olive oil and coconut milk, mix to form the bake batter (do not over mix)
- Add the caramelized pears to the batter and gently combine.
- Pour the batter into greased muffins silicone moulds, add two thin slices of pear on top off each muffin, sprinkle some Natvia Natural Sweetener and oats and place in the oven readi for baking.
- Bake for approximately 20 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and allow the muffins to cool before removing from the silicone moulds.