Tomato Soup with Poached Eggs
Makes soup for 2
6 medium size tomatoes
1 medium size onion
2 cloves garlic
1 tablespoon olive oil
750 mls vegetable stock
1 tablespoon tomato puree
1.5 teaspoon Natvia Natural Sweetener
0 Salt and pepper to taste
- Begin the soup by preparing the vegetables, washing the tomatoes and quartering them along with the onion and garlic cloves.
- Place a pan over medium heat and lightly fry the onion, garlic and the chopped tomatoes in olive oil (fry for approximately 5-8 minutes).
- Pour the vegetable stock straight into the pan along with the tomato puree, Natvia Natural Sweetener, salt and pepper and stir - once the liquid begins bubbling up, reduce the temperature and simmer for 30 minutes on low heat.
- Blend the soup using a powerful blender and place it back in the cooker at medium heat – crack open two eggs directly into the soup and allow them to poach for 2-5 minutes, depending on how runny you want the egg yolk to be.
- Serve with your favourite bread.