Choc Banana Oat Bars
1 cup Walnuts
1.5 cup Rolled Oats (certified gluten free oats)
0.5 cup Brazil Nuts
0.5 cup Sunflower Seeds
150 g Butter
0.5 cup Natvia
1 teaspoon Cinnamon
0.5 teaspoon Bicarb Soda
0 Chocolate Chunks (own choice - recommend sugar free!)
- Preheat oven to 180°C & flat baking tray with baking paper.
- Add 1 cup walnuts, 1 & 1/2 cup rolled oats, 1/2 cup brazil nuts, and 1/2 cup sunflower seeds to the flat baking tray and place the mixed nuts into the oven at 180°C until golden brown (should take about 10 minutes).
- Whilst the nuts and oats are in the oven, place 150g butter in a saucepan over medium heat.
- Add 1/2 Natvia to this saucepan with the butter and continue to stir the mixture.
- Add 2 Bananas to a new mixing bowl, 1 tsp Cinnamon, and 1/2 tsp Bicarb Soda. Mash the bananas and ingredients together loosley.
- Once reasonably mashed, add the banana bowl to the heating butter and Natvia. Continue to mix and stir over medium low heat.
- Once finished (golden brown), remove the nuts and oats from the oven and add them to the saucepan over the heat and stir.
- Once mixed together, add the final mixture to a square baking tray lined with baking paper.
- Top with chocolate chunks across the top and bake for 30 minutes at 180°C or until golden brown.
- Remove from oven and enjoy some guilt free slices!