Makes 16 Cupcakes
IngredientsCake: 3 eggs 1/2 cup/125g/4.2 oz butter, melted 1 cup/250ml/8.4 oz milk of choice 2 tsp vanilla extract 1 cup/180g/6.3 oz Natvia 1/2 cup/45g/1.5 oz cocoa powder 2 cups/300g/7 oz all purpose flour 1 tsp salt 3 tsp baking powder Icing: 1 1/4 cups/310ml/10.3 oz heavy cream 2 cups/360g/12.6 oz dark chocolate chips - sugar free if desired 1 tsp peppermint extract (or more to taste)
- Bring the cream just to a boil.
- Take off heat and add the chocolate chips and whisk until chocolate chips are completely melted. You may have to put on a low heat and constantly stir until fully melted.
- Add peppermint extract and mix until combined. Taste test and add more peppermint extract slowly if you desire a stronger taste.
- Place into a shallow pan and place into fridge while making cupcakes.
- Preheat oven to 180°C and line a cupcake pan.
- Whisk eggs and add melted butter, milk, and vanilla extract.
- Whisk in slowly the cocoa powder, flour, Natvia, salt, and baking powder.
- Pour into prepared cupcake pan and bake for 15-20 minutes until a tooth pick comes out clean.
- Allow to cool slightly and flip out of pan while it is still warm.
- Allow to cool.
- Pull ganache out of fridge about 10-15 minutes before icing the cupcakes.
- Place ganache into a bag fitted with a medium-large star or french tip and pipe onto cupcakes.
- If the ganache is too hard, leave it out to soften a little more. If it's too soft and won't hold its shape, put it back in the fridge for a few minutes.
- Place cupcakes into refrigerator and allow to chill until the icing is set. Store in refrigerator.