Sugar Free Baked Churros
Makes 30 Churros
Ingredients1 cup water 1/2 cup butter 1/2 tsp vanilla extract 1/2 tsp salt 2 tbsp Natvia 1 cup plain flour 3 eggs Cinnamon Coating 1/4 cup Natvia 1/4 tsp salt 1 tsp ground cinnamon Chocolate Dip 1 cup sugar free chocolate 2 cups milk 1/2 tsp cornstarch flour mixed with water 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 200C. Prepare baking pan line with baking paper.
- Heat water in medium saucepan over medium heat. Add butter,cook until the butter melt and the mixture starts to simmer. Add the flour and whisk until the mix clumps into a dough ball.
- Cook for a minute over low heat stir with a wooden spoon, remove from heat and continue stirring. Set aside.
- Whisk together 3 eggs, add to the cooked dough slowly. Add vanilla extract and continue mixing until well combined.
- Prepare piping bag with large star nozzle. Transfer the dough to the piping bag.
- Pipe the dough slowly, nice and thick.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes or golden brown, leave for 10 minutes to let the churros set.
- For the coating, combine together all ingredients and mix well.
- Coat the slightly warm churros evenly.
- For the chocolate dip, heat the milk and add chopped chocolate and the corn starch.
- Serve the churros with the dip, best enjoyed with hot beverage in winter or something cool in summer.