STRAWBERRY CHEESE LOW SUGAR COFFEE CAKE
Makes 16 slices
Cream Cheese Filling Ingredients
Cake Ingredients1 1/2 cups flour 2 tsp baking powder 1/4 tsp salt 85g unsalted butter 2/3 cup Natvia 1 egg 1 egg yolk 1 cup sour cream 1/2 cup milk 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
Icing Ingredients3/4 cup Natvia or Natvia icing mix 2 tbsp cream or milk 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 170C. Grease and line a square baking pan
- For the crumb topping, combine all ingredients with hand and mix until the butter cube are mixed evenly.
- For the filling, mix cream cheese and Natvia with electric beater, add egg white and beat until creamy.
- For the cake bater, combine all ingredients with electric beater or standing mixer, starting with the butter and Natvia, followed by dry ingredients and cream/milk last.
- Spread about 2/3 of the cake batter for the bottom layer, followed by the cream cheese layer.
- Spread 1 cup of sliced strawberries, and cover thoroughly.
- Follow by the other 1/3 of cake layer and another strawberry layer.
- Top with crumb topping.
- Bake for 60 to 70 minutes. Followed by another 20-30 minutes with the cake covered with foil tent or baking paper to make sure the middle part is baked.
- Cool on wire rack. Serve with icing, or with cream and more strawberries. Enjoy with your sugar free coffee!