Joel (aka @hearty_nut) has whipped up a delicious batch of chocolate berry muffins using Natvia sweetener. Joel is a dietitian and creator of the #getyourmaninthekitchen campaign. The initiative is intended to encourage and inspire men to get into the kitchen and prepare healthy meals. They do not need to be experienced chefs, but just be willing to have a go at giving their meals a healthier spin.
Hearty meals such as baked potatoes, spaghetti bolognaise, steak as well as chicken parmigiana can still be on the menu. Not to mention chocolate and berry muffins. The key is to tweak them so they are healthier than the original version. Joel has illustrated this perfectly by using Natvia sweetener rather than sugar. We'd love you to get behind the campaign too.
Ladies, you can encourage your fellas to get in the kitchen to create some winning and healthy meals. Dressing them up in daggy aprons is optional
frozen mixed berries
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees C
- Mix all the dry ingredients + berries in a mixing bowl
- Add the egg, oil, and milk to the dry ingredients and stir until well combined
- Place the mixture into well-greased muffin tray
- Cool for 20 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean
- Allow to cool for 5 minutes in tray
- Sprinkle with icing sugar to serve (Optional)