Chocolate Cravings Cupcake with Avocado Frosting
Makes 8 cupcakes
IngredientsCupcake: 1 3/4 cup/160g/5.6 oz blanched almond flour 1/3 cup/30g/1.1 oz Cacao Powder 1 tsp Cinnamon 1/2 tsp Himalayan pink salt 1 tsp baking powder 1/2 cup/50g/1.8 oz Natvia 2 each Eggs 1/4 cup/70ml/2.4 oz Water 1/4 cup/70ml/2.4 oz olive or coconut oil 1 tsp Vanilla Extract Frosting: 1 each large ripe avocado 1 1/2 tbsp/10g/0.3 oz Cacao Powder 1 1/2 tbsp/21g/0.7 oz Natvia 1 tsp Vanilla 1/4 tsp salt 1/2 tsp Cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 160°C/320°F (fan forced).
- Place 8 cupcake liners inside an 8 capacity muffin tray.
- In a large bowl, whisk the almond flour, cacao powder, cinnamon, salt, baking powder and Natvia.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the eggs, add the water, oil and vanilla and whisk to combine. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and stir to combine.
- Spoon the batter into the 8 liners and bake in the oven for 20 minutes.
- Remove from the oven.
- The cupcakes are ready when a toothpick inserted into the centre comes out mostly clean. Cool completely before icing.
- Blend all the ingredients in food processor until smooth.
- Spread with a butter knife finely over 8 cupcakes or double the recipe for piped decorative frosting or for the top of a large cake.