Banana and Strawberry Friands
Makes 8 friands
Ingredients1 each Banana 6 each Egg whites 1/2 cup/125ml cold pressed extra virgin coconut oil 1 cup/90g/3 oz Almond meal 3/4 cup/135g/4.7 oz Natvia 1/2 cup/45g/1.5 oz Brown rice flour 1/4 cup/25g/0.8 oz Quinoa flour 1 1/2 tsp Cinnamon 1/2 tsp Gluten free Baking powder 4 each Strawberries sliced thinly to decorate flaked coconut
- Preheat oven to 200C
- Grease 8 hole friand pan and line with baking paper, even up the sides.
- Thinly slice half of the banana and mash the other half. Place mashed banana aside.
- Whisk egg whites in a medium bowl until frothy, then add coconut oil, mashed banana, sifted flours, almond meal, Natvia, baking powder, and cinnamon until combined.
- Pour mix in friand pan evenly dividing mixture, decorate with sliced banana, strawberries, and coconut flakes and bake for 25 minutes.
- When done let sit for 10 minutes then move to a wire rack to cool.