Chocolate Hazelnut Crunch
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 2 hours
Ingredients1 cup hazelnuts 125g Packet refined sugar-free chocolate chip biscuits, roughly chopped 320g Blocks refined sugar-free milk chocolate, chopped 50g butter 1 Tbsp Natvia 1/2 Cup sultanas 1 Egg, lightly beaten
- Grease a 18cm x 28cm rectangular slice pan. Line base and sides with baking paper, extending paper 3cm above pan edges.
- Place hazelnuts on an oven tray. cook in a moderate oven (180C) for about 10 minutes, or until browned and skins are starting to peel away. Wrap warm hazelnuts in a clean tea towel. Stand 5 minutes. Rub hazelnuts in a tea towel to remove skins. Reserve 1/3 cup. Roughly chop. Combine with 1/3 cup of the biscuits in bowl. set aside.
- Meanwhile, stir chocolate, butter, and Natvia in a bowl over a saucepan of just simmering water until smooth. Remove from heat. Cool slightly.
- Combine remaining hazelnuts and biscuits in a large bowl with sultanas.
- Stir egg into a warm chocolate mixture until combined. The mixture may look curdled. Add a sultana mixture. Stir to combine. Spread evenly over the base of prepared pan. Sprinkle over reserved hazelnut and biscuits, pressing firmly into slice.
- Refrigerate for several hours, or overnight until firm.
- Lift from pan. Cut into small squares to serve.