Chocolate Sponge Cake
Liked this recipe? SAVE it to your collection. You can find more sugar-free recipes like this one and more over on our Youtube at Healthy Treats. Liked this recipe? SAVE it to your collection
Prep: 25 minutes
Cook: 25 minutes
50 g Natvia (1/4 Cup)
1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil, light tasting
1 teaspoon vanilla essence
85 g cake flour (3/4 Cup)
25 g raw cacao powder (1/4 Cup)
1 pinch of salt
120 g thickened cream (3/4 Cup)
175 g dark chocolate, chopped (1 Cup)
- Preheat the oven to 170C
- Beat eggs and Natvia for 8-10 minutes, until light and fluffy. Beat in the olive oil and vanilla.
- Sift over the flour, cacao powder and sprinkle in the salt. Fold in with a spatula until combined.
- Pour into a greased and lined 20cm cake tin. Bake for 20-25 minutes, until a skewer inserted comes out clean. Remove from the oven and stand to cool for 5 minutes before removing to a wire rack.
- Heat the cream in a heat-proof bowl over a saucepan simmering with water. Add the chocolate and stir until melted and combined. Remove form heat and stir. Stand until thickened.
- Dollop the ganache over the cake once cooled and sprinkle with extra cacao powder
|Carbs||Pro||Fats||Energy KJ||Calories||Serving size|