Classic Lemon Curd Tarts
Liked this recipe? SAVE it to your collection. You can find more sugar-free recipes like this one and more over on our Youtube at Healthy Treats. Liked this recipe? SAVE it to your collection
Prep: 1 hour
Cook: 30 minutes
300 g Plain Flour (2 Cup)
50 g Natvia (1/4 cup)
145 g Unsalted Butter, Chilled And Cubed
.50 teaspoon Vanilla Bean Paste
2 Egg Yolks
90 g Natvia (1/2 Cup)
1 tablespoon Natvia
115 g Lemon Juice (1/2 Cup)
2 tablespoon Thickened Cream
100 g Unsalted Butter, Cubed
- Combine the flour, Natvia and butter in a food processor and process until the mixture resembles bread crumbs.
- Add the egg and vanilla and pulse until the dough starts to come together. Add a little iced water if the mix is too dry, or a little flour if too wet.
- Roll into a ball and then flatten into a disk. Wrap in plastic and then refrigerate for 45 minutes-1 hour.
- Make the lemon curd by whisking together the eggs, yolks, Natvia. Lemon juice and cream in a heat safe bowl. Place the bowl over a simmering pot of water and whisk continuously for about 10 – 15 minutes until the mixture begins to thicken.
- Strain the mixture through a sieve into a bowl and then whisk through the butter until combined and smooth. Cover and refrigerate.
- Roll the dough out between two pieces of baking paper. Sing a large cookie cutter cut out 1 rounds.
- Grease a cupcake tray and place the pastry inside each cupcake hole. Press down along the bottom and edges
- Prick holes in the bottom of each shell and then place in the freezer for 20-30 minutes.
- Bake in the oven at 180C for 20-25 minutes, until golden brown.
- Remove form the oven, stand 5 minutes and then place each shell on a rack to cool completely.
- Fill each shell with curd and then refrigerate for3-4 hours to set.
|Carbs||Pro||Fats||Energy KJ||Calories||Serving size|