CHOCOLATE SWISS ROLL
You can find more sugar-free recipes like this one and more over on our Youtube at Healthy Treats. Liked this recipe? SAVE it to your collection
Prep 1 hour 30 mins
Cook 10 mins
Serves 8-9 Slices
3 tablespoon apple sauce
0.5 tablespoon flaxseed meal
0.25 cup Natvia
0.5 cup soy milk
0.25 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
0.25 cup cacao
0.5 cup plain flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
0.5 cup cashews, soaked in water overnight
0.33 cup maple syrup
0.125 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon vanilla powder
0.33 cup coconut oil, melted
0.5 cup coconut cream, refrigerate overnight and only use the thickened part at the top of the can
- Begin by making the Vanilla Cream. In a high-powered food processor or blender process everything but the coconut cream, until it's smooth. Add in the coconut cream and blend on a low speed to combine. Transfer cream to a bowl, cover and chill for 40-60 minutes to firm.
- After the cream has chilled make the Swiss Roll. Preheat the oven to 175°C/347°F and line a baking tray with grease proof paper.
- In a medium sized mixing bowl, combine the apple sauce, flaxseed meal, Natvia, soy milk and apple cider vinegar. Sift in the cacao, flour and baking powder. Gently fold into the wet ingredients. Evenly spread mixture onto the lined baking tray to make a 26x23cm rectangle. The mixture will be thick enough to hold its shape and not spread everywhere. Bake in the preheated oven for 10 minutes.
- As the cake bakes, lay down a clean tea towel and place a piece of baking paper on top. Dust the paper with cacao powder, this will help the roll from sticking. Once the cake comes out of the oven immediately flip it onto the dusted paper and peel off the top layer of baking paper the cake cooked on. Beginning with the narrow end, carefully and slowly roll the cake up with the towel. Don't roll it too tightly otherwise it will break.
- Leave for 3 mins to cool slightly and create a "memory". Carefully unroll and when the cake is slightly warm, evenly spread over the vanilla cream all the way to the edges. Very gently roll the cake back up without the paper or towel but use them as a support to help you re-roll it. Cover with a towel and place in the fridge to chill for 20 minutes before serving.