Coconut Lime Cupcakes
IngredientsCupcakes: 6 egg yolks 3/4 cup/135g/4.7 oz Natvia 2 1/4 tbsp/45ml/1.5 oz water 1 tsp vanilla extract 4 1/2 tbsp/90ml/3 oz vegetable oil 1/3 cup/30g/1 oz unsweetened coconut flakes 1 lime, juiced and zested 1 1/2 cup/225g/7.9 oz plain flour 1/2 tsp baking soda 1/2 tsp salt 8 egg whites 1 tsp cream of tartar 4 tsp Natvia, extra Icing: 1/2 cup/125g/8.4 oz butter, at room temperature 1/2 tsp vanilla extract 3 2/3 cup/400g/14 oz Natvia Icing mix 1/2 cup/45g/1.5 oz unsweetened coconut flakes
- Preheat oven to 350°F/180°C and line a 12 cup cupcake pan.
- Whisk egg yolks and first 3/4cup Natvia together until it is a pale yellow and fluffy.
- Add the water, vanilla extract, and canola oil and mix until combined.
- Add the cake flour, baking soda, lime zest and juice, coconut, and salt and mix until combined. Set side.
- In a separate clean bowl with a clean whisk, whisk together the egg whites and cream of tartar until frothy.
- Slowly add the Natvia and whisk until the whites form a stiff peak.
- Fold 1/3 of the whites into the yolk mixture, then fold in the remaining mixture making sure not to over mix.
- Fill cupcake pans 2/3-3/4 full and bake for 15-20 minutes until golden brown and toothpick comes out clean. Allow to cool completely before icing.
- Paddle the butter until very light and fluffy.
- Add the vanilla extract and Natvia Icing Mix and paddle until light and fluffy.
- Pipe onto cupcakes and dip into coconut flakes.