Choc-Hazelnut 'Notella' Brownies
Ingredients1/2 cup/55g/2 oz dates, chopped 1/2 cup/120g/4.2 oz boiling water 1/2 cup/90g/3 oz Natvia 1/3 cup/80ml/2.6 oz almond milk 2 flax eggs 2 tbsp/14g/0.5 oz flaxseed and 1/2 cup/120ml/4 oz water (or substitute with eggs for non-vegans) 1/2 cup/100ml/3.5 oz coconut oil 1/3 cup/30g/1 oz cacao Powder 1/3 cup/30g/1 oz hazelnut meal 1/4 cup/30g/1 oz buckwheat flour 1/2 tsp baking soda 2 tbsp/40g/1.4 oz vegan yogurt 1/4 cup/30g/1 oz lightly toasted hazelnuts, peeled and chopped pinch salt
- Preheat oven to 180C/350F. Line a loaf tin with baking paper.
- Soak dates in the 1/2 cup boiling water for 15mins, do NOT drain. Add dates and water to a food processor with the remaining ingredients, except the toasted hazelnuts.
- Blend until smooth.
- Stir through the hazelnuts.
- Pour into the brownie pan (10x6inch) and bake for 30 minutes.
- Allow to cool before slicing. Dust the top with extra cacao if desired.