Cranberry & Orange Coffee Cake
Makes 12 slices
2 cup Dried Cranberries
3 Juiced Oranges
1 cup Hot Water
0.5 cup Butter
0.66 cup Natvia
1 Zest from 1 Orange
2 cup Almond Flour
0.5 cup Coconut Flour
0.25 cup Whey Protein Powder
0.5 tablespoon Baking Powder
2 teaspoon Mixed Spice
0 Pinch of Salt
0.5 cup Almond Milk
0.5 cup Pecans
- Preheat oven to 160°C and line a round springform pan (other pans are acceptable like in the Natvia video etc).
- Add 2 cups dried cranberries, juice from 2 oranges, 1 cup hot water into a new bowl and cover it with cling wrap, and set aside.
- Beat 1/2 cup of butter in a new large mixing bowl.
- Once the butter has formed peaks, add 2/3 Cup Natvia and stir the mixture. Add 4 eggs whilst stirring (feel free to add a sprinkle of flour to prevent eggs from splitting).
- Once the eggs have combined with the mixture, add zest from 1 orange, followed by the juice from 1 orange.
- Add 2 Cups almond flour to a new bowl. As well as the almond flour, add 1/2 cup coconut flour, 1/4 whey protein powder, 1/2 tbsp baking powder, 2 tsp mixed spice, and pinch of salt. Mix all the ingredients together.
- Add 1/4 cup almond milk and stir the mixture together.
- As you stir the mixture, add 1/2 cup pecans.
- Add the Cranberry & Orange mix that you set aside in step 2.
- Do a final stir of the mixture until it has all combined, and spread the mix into the shaped baking pan or springform pan.
- Bake the cake for 40 - 50 minutes at 160°C.