Prep: 15 minutes
Cook: 30 minutes, chill for 6 hours
FOR THE SYRUP:
2 tablespoon Natvia Gold
2 tablespoon Water
1 tablespoon Butter
20 mls Cream
FOR THE CUSTARD:
50 g Natvia Gold
200 mls Cream
250 mls Milk
1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- Preheat oven to 150C (fan forced). Place a folded tea towel at the bottom of a baking dish large enough to fit four ramekins on top.
- To make the syrup, add Natvia Gold and water to a saucepan over a medium to high heat. Once all sweetener has dissolved, add cream and butter. Bring to a boil and turn down low. Whisk until it begins to thicken. Divide in to four ramekins.
- In a large bowl, add eggs and remaining Natvia Gold. Whisk to combine.
- In a saucepan, combine cream, milk and vanilla. Place over medium to low heat and stir until bubbles start appearing at the edge of the milk. Remove from heat.
- Pour a little of the milk mixture into the eggs and whisk. Drizzle the milk in to the eggs, whisking constantly (we don’t want scrambled eggs).
- Strain the custard mix into the four ramekins. Fill the baking dish with boiling water, halfway up the sides of the ramekin.
- Place in the oven and bake for 30-35 minutes until just set. Remove carefully and refrigerate for a minimum of six hours or overnight.
- Use a knife to loosen the edge of the crème caramel before turning out on a plate. The caramel should puddle on the plate.