Spiced pear galette
Prep: 15 minutes
Cook: 30 minutes
2 Bosc Pears
60 g Natvia
1 teaspoon Cinnamon
1 teaspoon Nutmeg
1 teaspoon Ground Gingers
0.25 teaspoon Salt
1 tablespoon Corn Flour
2 tablespoon Spiced Rum or Brandy (Optional)
1 Egg (for egg wash)
Ready-to-use Shortcut Pastry
- Preheat oven to 200ºC (fan forced). Line a baking tray with paper. If pastry is frozen, remove from freezer and lay out on baking tray.
- Cut pears in half lengthways. Remove seeds and core and slice very thinly. Place in to a large bowl.
- With the pears, add cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, salt, corn flour and rum. If not using rum, add the same amount of water instead. Toss until pears are completely coated.
- Lay pear slices on to shortcrust pastry in your preferred pattern. Fold in the sides of the pastry to form a freeform circle tart. Press down any folds.
- Whisk egg in a small bowl and brush the pastry edge. Sprinkle lightly with Natvia Gold.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until pastry is golden brown. Remove from oven and serve immediately – as is, with custard, yoghurt or ice cream.