Dark Chocolate & Pear Cake
4 pears, peeled, cored and quartered
1 teaspoon coconut oil
1 teaspoon Natvia 100% Natural Sweetener
100 g sugar-free dark chocolate, broken up into pieces
2 tablespoon coconut oil
50 g Natvia 100% Natural Sweetener
75 mls almond milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 tablespoon cacao or cocoa powder
75 g plain flour (use gluten-free)
25 g ground almonds or almond flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees C and grease and line a 20cm loose-bottomed cake tin.
- First, prepare the pears: Heat the coconut oil and Natvia in a frying pan then add the pear quarters and cook for about 5 minutes on each side, to soften and caramelise. Set aside.
- Now onto the cake: Gently melt the dark chocolate pieces and coconut oil then set aside for 5 minutes.
- Whisk the eggs and Natvia together until increased in volume and frothy, then pour in the melted chocolate along with the almond milk and vanilla. Continue to whisk for 2 minutes.
- Add the cacao or cocoa powder, flour, ground almonds/almond flour and baking powder and whisk for a further 1 minute until combined.
- Pour the cake batter into the tin and smooth out. Arrange the pears on top in a pattern (you might have some leftover - save them to serve with the cake!), then place in the oven and bake for 35-40 minutes, until risen and cooked through.
- Leave to cool then turn out onto a wire rack. Drizzle with melted dark chocolate, then slice up and serve.