Easy Vanilla, Saffron Slice
Prep 25 minutes
Cook/Chill 3-4 hours
2 Sheets Puff Pastry, thawed
375 mls Milk
375 mls Thickened Cream
60 g Unsalted butter
2 teaspoon Vanilla
99 g Natvia
50 g Cornflour
125 mls Water
6 Egg Yolks
10 Threads Saffron
Blitzed Natvia for serving
- Preheat oven to 180C. Grease and line a 20cm x 20cm Cake tin.
- Place the thawed pastry sheets on a baking tray lined with baking paper. Place another baking sheet on top of the pastry and an additional baking tray on top to use as a weight. Bake for 25 minutes or until golden. Cool on a wire rack and then cut the sheets into a 20cm by 20cm square.
- Place the milk, saffron, cream, butter, vanilla and Natvia in a saucepan over a medium heat. Cook until just boiling.
- Combine the cornflour and water together, whisk until smooth.
- Add the cornflour mixture to the saucepan along with the egg yolks. Return to the heat while whisking. Bring to the boil and cook for around 1 minute or until thickened.
- Place one of the pastry sheets in the base of the prepared tin. Top with the custard and finish with the remaining pastry sheet.
- Refrigerate for 3-4 hours or until set. Dust with blitzed Natvia before serving.