Egg Custard Tart
165 g plain flour
25 g almond meal
120 g unsalted butter, cubed
50 g Natvia
1 whole egg
700 mls milk (full cream)
5 whole eggs
100 g Natvia
0 Pinch of ground nutmeg
- Combine plain flour and almond meal with the cubed butter. Mix by hand until the mixture resemble breadcrumbs.
- Add Natvia to the flour mix followed by the egg. Bring it to form a soft dough.
- Flatten and form the dough on floured flat surface, wrap in cling wrap/glad wrap and chill for 30 minutes.
- Roll out the pastry to 3-4 mm thickness, also flour the surface and add flour to prevent sticking.
- Use cutter or knife to score the pastry to 11cm wide thickness, or depending on your tray size.
- For the filling, mix together egg and Natvia.
- Warm the milk on medium heat, and pour into the egg mix gradually. Lightly whisk until well combined.
- Pour the custard filling into the tart case.
- Add a pinch of ground nutmeg on top of each tart.
- Bake for 25 minutes in preheated oven at 180C.
- Cool in the tray for 30 minutes before taking the tart out.