Grain Free Carrot Cake
Ingredients1/2 cup/45g/1.5 oz blanched almond flour 1/2 cup/45g/1.5 oz coconut flour 1/4 cup + 1 1/2 tbsp/30g + 15g/1 oz + 1.5 oz tapioca flour (plus more for the pans) 2 tsp ground cinnamon 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg 1/4 tsp ground cloves 1/2 tsp coarse salt 1 1/2 tsp baking soda 1/2 cup/90g/3 oz Norbu or Natvia 2 cups/500ml shredded carrots lightly packed 1/2 cup/60g/2 oz roughly chopped walnuts 1/2 cup/60g/2 oz chopped pineapple (frozen, defrosted and drained) 1/2 cup/90g/3 oz raisins 4 large eggs 1/4 cup + 2tbs oil 1 tsp Vanilla Extract 1 tsp Apple Cider vinegar As Needed Your favorite Frosting
- Preheat the oven to 350F. Lightly grease and flour (using tapioca flour) two 6" round cake pans. Turn over and tap out the excess flour. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the flours, spices, salt, baking soda and sweetener. Then mix in the carrots, walnuts, pineapple and raisins to combine. Set aside.
- In another bowl, whisk together the eggs, oil, vanilla and apple cider vinegar.
- Pour the wet (egg) mixture into the dry (flours) mixture and stir until totally combined. Scrape the bottom of the bowl to make sure no dry mixture is left behind.
- Divide the batter evenly between the two prepared baking pans and bake for 45-60 minutes, or until the tops are dark golden brown and a tester comes out clean.
- Cool for 3-5 minutes in the pans before turning them out onto a rack to cool completely.
- Cool completely before frosting.