Protein Peanut Butter Cups
Ingredients1/4 cup/60g/2oz natural creamy or crunchy peanut butter (or other nut/seed butter of choice) 1/4 cup/21g/0.7 oz hemp or other unflavored protein powder 2-4 tbsp/28-52g/1-1.8 oz Norbu 1/4 tsp salt divided 2 tbsp/28g/1 oz melted coconut oil divided 3/4 cup/135g/4.7 oz chocolate chips 1 tbsp/7g/0.2 oz cocoa Powder
- Line a 12-cup mini muffin tin with muffin/cupcake papers and set aside.
- In a small, microwave-safe bowl, heat the peanut (or other) butter for 20-30 seconds and stir until smooth. Add the protein powder, sweetener and a pinch of salt and stir to combine. If you are having a hard time getting everything incorporated well, it might be because your peanut butter wasn't oily enough. If so, add 1/2 coconut oil, or more if needed. Set aside.
- In another microwave-safe bowl, melt the chocolate chips and remaining tablespoon coconut oil in 30-second increments, stirring in between each. After 60-90 seconds, your chocolate should be mostly melted, so continue to stir and the residual heat will melt whatever chunks remain. When smooth and silky, stir in the cocoa powder and a pinch of salt.
- Divide the chocolate evenly between two bowls. Set aside one and pour the other into the prepared muffin tin, making sure to distribute evenly across all 12 compartments. Shake the pan gently to make sure the chocolate is in an even layer at the bottom of each compartment.
- Refrigerate for about 10 minutes until chocolate is slightly hardened, then divide the peanut butter mixture evenly across all 12 compartments, spreading it in even layers across the chocolate bases.
- Pour the remaining chocolate over the tops of the peanut butter layers (reheat slightly if it has become too stiff to pour) and gently shake to smooth out the tops.
- Refrigerate for 2 hours or until chocolate is hardened.