Healthy Chocolate Chip Scones
Makes 8 scones
1 teaspoon Natvia Baking Powder
1.75 cup Self Raising Flour
0.25 cup Cocoa Powder
0 Pinch of Salt
30 g Butter
0.75 – 1 Cup of Milk
0.5 cup Chocolate Chips
- Add Natvia Baking Powder to a large mixing bowl.
- Sift Self Raising Flour & Cocoa into the mixing bowl.
- Add a pinch of Salt to the mixing bowl, and gently stir mixture.
- Rub squares of Butter into the mixing bowl until the mixture resembles fine bread crumbs.
- Stir in 3/4 to 1 cup of milk until the mixture becomes a soft like dough.
- Add 1/2 cup of chocolate chips and gently stir and combine.
- Add flour to workbench and roll mixture into a ball shape and flatten out.
- Cut flat, rounded mixture into 5-6cm rounds (slices).
- Place rounds into oven tray even spaced apart and brush tops with remaining milk.
- Bake for 220°C for 10 - 15 minutes
- Serve warm with Jam, Cream, or fresh fruits, such as strawberries!
- Enjoy guilt free Chocolate Chip Scones without any added sugar!