Lemon Cakes with Roasted Strawberries
Liked this recipe? SAVE it to your collection. You can find more sugar-free recipes like this one and more over on our Youtube at Healthy Treats. Liked this recipe? SAVE it to your collection
Prep + Cook: 1 hour (+ cooling & standing(
90 g Natvia (1/2 cup)
110 g natural almonds (2/3 cup)
100 g wholemeal plain spelt flour (2/3 cup)
3 g finely grated lemon rind
60 mls extra virgin olive oil (1/4 cup)
60 mls lemon juice (1/4 cup)
0.5 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda (baking soda)
500 g strawberries
2 tablespoon Natvia
2 tablespoon lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 180C. Grease an 8-hole (1/2-cup/125ml) loaf pan tray. Line bases of pan holes with strips of baking paper, extending the paper 3cm.
- Blend Natvia in a high-speed blender until the consistency of icing sugar.
- Process almonds and 2 teaspoons of flour until finally ground.
- Beat egs, powdered Natvia and rind in a small bowl with an electric mixer on medium speed for 10 minutes or until thick and creamy. Reduce speed to low; gradually beat in oil and juice until just combined. Stir in almond mixture, then sifted remaining flour, baking powder and soda; return any husks to bowl. Spoon mixture into pan holes.
- Bake cake for 25 minutes or until a skewer inserted in the centre comes out clean. Stand cakes in pan for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack.
- Meanwhile, make roasted strawberries*.
- Serve cakes warn with roasted strawberries, drizzles with any cooking syrup, and dollops of Greek-style yoghurt, if you like.
- *Roasted Strawberries: Combine ingredients in a medium ovenproof dish. Roast, uncovered, for 10 minutes or until softened. Stir gently, then stand for 5 minutes.
|Carbs||Pro||Fats||Energy KJ||Calories||Serving size|