Low Carb Lemon Tartlets
Makes 9 tartlets
1.5 cup Almond Flour
0.5 cup Shredded Coconut
1 cup Natvia
100 g Melted Butter
1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
0 Zest half a lemon
2 Egg Yolks
0.5 cup Natvia
2 Zest and Juice from 2 Lemons
80 g Butter
0.5 cup Macadamias
0.33 cup Flaked Coconut
- Preheat oven to 160°C & prepare grease a muffin tray.
- Add 1 & 1/2 cups almond flour, 1/2 cup shredded coconut, and 1/3 cup Natvia to a mixing bowl.
- Stir the mixture until combined then add 100g melted butter and 1 tsp of Vanilla Extract and continue to mix.
- Zest half a lemon into the mixture and continue to stir.
- Pack the tart crust mixture into the greased muffin tray and bake the tarts for 8 - 10 minutes at 160°C.
- In a saucepan, add 2 egg yolks, and also follow that up by adding 2 full eggs.
- Add 1/2 cup Natvia to the saucepan and whisk.
- Zest & Juice 2 lemons into the saucepan and add the mixture to medium low heat whilst stirring.
- Add 80g butter whilst stirring the mixture with a whisker.
- Drain the lemon curd with a sieve.
- Chop 1/2 cup Macadamias roughly and add them to a flat baking tray.
- Sprinkle 1/3 cup of flaked coconut onto the baking tray also.
- Add this to the oven and let the topping contents turn golden brown before removing.
- Remove the tart crusts from the oven and fill them up each with the lemon curd mixture.
- Once the tarts are filled, sprinkle the topping contents on the tops of the tarts.
- Pass them along and enjoy!