Matcha Pancake with Coconut Whipped Cream
Prep: 20 Minutes
Cook: 15 Minutes
- 1/2 cup/65g Plain Flour
- 1 tbsp/10g Matcha powder
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 each egg
- 1/3 cup/80ml Coconut milk
- 2 tbsp/40ml Vegetable oil
- 2 tbsp/28g Natvia Sweetener
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla
- Starting with the Coconut Whipped Cream, prior to the day of making, place a can of coconut milk in the fridge. When ready, remove the can without shaking it. Once opened, carefully spoon out the thick layer of coconut cream and transfer to a chilled mixing bowl.
- Using a whisk, beat coconut cream until slightly light and fluffy with small peaks form. You may add sweetener to taste.
- Moving on to the Pancakes, in a large mixing bowl, combine flour, matcha powder, baking powder and salt. Whisk to remove any lumps and set aside.
- In another bowl, beat egg, coconut milk, oil, Natvia and vanilla and pour the wet into the dry ingredients and mix until just combine. Do not overmix.
- Heat a large skillet over medium, carefully rub it with a oiled kitchen paper towel.
- Spoon a dollop of batter onto the skillet, once bubbles formed, flip it with a spatula and cook until browned and set. Transfer to a platter lined with kitchen paper towel and continue with remaining batter.
- To serve, stack up the pancakes and drizzle with honey, a dollop of coconut whipped cream and a dusting of matcha powder.