One Bowl Classic Yellow Cake
Prep: 20 Minutes
Cook: 20-25 Minutes
IngredientsFor the Cake:
- 4 each Eggs
- 1/4 cup/60g mild flavored oil
- 3 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 tsp white or apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup/60ml/2 oz Almond milk or milk of choice
- 1/4 tsp fine sea salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 1/2 tbsp/10g Tapioca Flour
- 1/2 cup/90g Natvia
- 1 1/2 cup/135g blanched almond flour
- 2 each large avocado skin and pit discarded
- 1 cup/180g sugar-free Chocolate chips melted
- pinch salt
- For Cake: Preheat the oven to 180C. Liberally grease or spray two 6" round cake pans and set them aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, use a hand mixer fitted with the beater attachments to beat the eggs until frothy. Beat in the oil, then add the vanilla, vinegar and milk and mix until combined.
- Add the salt, baking powder and tapioca flour and mix until combined.
- Mix in the granulated sweetener, then add the almond flour and beat until the batter is smooth and no lumps remain.
- Divide the batter between the two prepared baking pans. Bake for 20-25 minutes, until the tops of the cakes are lightly golden and firm to the touch.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool in the pans for 10-15 minutes or until the cake begins to pull away from the sides of the pan. Turn onto a wire rack to cool completely.
- For Topping: In the bowl of a food processor fitted with the "s" blade, pulse the fruit of the avocado a few times to chop.
- Add the chocolate chips and puree until smooth.
- Taste and add a pinch of salt if the flavor is too flat. Ice cake once the cake is completely cool.