Passionfruit Crème Brulee
Prep: 10 Minutes
Cook: 20 Minutes
5 Egg Yolks
48 g Natvia, plus extra for brulee toppings (1/4 cup)
43 mls Passion Fruit Juice, from 4-5 fresh passion fruit (1/4 cup)
500 mls Heavy Cream (2 cups)
- Preheat oven to 160C (non fan-forced oven). Arrange five ramekins in a baking dish.
- In a bowl, whisk together egg yolks and Natvia until combined. Whisk in the passion fruit juice.
- Heat cream in a small saucepan until it starts to steam. Take it off the heat and gradually pour the warm cream into the bowl with egg yolks, a little at a time, whisking vigorously, until incorporated. Skim off the foam.
- Pour the cream mixture into the ramekins evenly. Place the baking dish into the oven. Carefully pour in just enough boiling water to reach halfway up the sides of the ramekins. Be very careful not to pour water into the brulees
- Bake for around 20 minutes or until just set. Remove from the water bath and allow to cool. Cover and refrigerate until chilled.
- Just before serving, sprinkle with Natvia evenly over the top of each ramekin. Use a kitchen torch to caramelise the sugar, moving torch evenly across the tops of the custards to keep the sugar from burning.