Vegan Lemon Squares
Prep: 30 Minutes
Cook/Chill: 2.5 Hours
165 g Plain Gluten Free Flour (1 1/2 cups)
0.25 teaspoon Baking Powder
40 g Desiccated Coconut (1/2 cup)
48 g Natvia (1/4 cup)
105 g Coconut Oil (1/2 cup)
40 g Cornflour (1/3 cup)
185 mls Lemon Juice, freshly squeezed (3/4 cup)
250 mls Coconut Milk, full fat (1 cup)
97 g Natvia (1/2 cup)
pinch of Turmeric, for colour only
- Preheat oven to 180C/160C fan-forced. Grease a 16cm x 26cm slice tin with olive oil or oil of your choice. Line the base and sides with baking paper.
- In a food processor place the dry ingredients and pulse to combine. Add the coconut oil and pulse again until combined and a wet dough is formed.
- Press the mixture into the base of prepared pan. Bake for 15 to 17 minutes or until golden. Set aside to cool completely.
- Place the cornflour and Natvia in a heavy-based saucepan. Gradually stir in lemon juice and coconut milk. Using a pinch of turmeric to tint the mixture pale yellow. Place over medium heat. Stir for 1 to 2 minutes or until Natvia dissolves. Increase heat to medium-high. Cook, stirring constantly for 5 minutes or until mixture just bubbles and thickens.
- Working quickly, spoon over the base in the pan. Smooth the top. Refrigerate for 2 hours or until set.
- Once set cut into squares and serve.