Peanut Butter and Jelly Cornmeal Cake
Prep: 20 Minutes
Cook: 60 Minutes
IngredientsFor the Cake:
- 1 cup/150g Plain flour
- 3/4 cup/110g oz cornmeal
- 1 cup/180g Natvia Sweetener
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp Ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup/120ml whole milk
- 2 each Eggs
- 1/3 cup/80ml Vegetable oil
- 2 tsp Vanilla
- 1/4 cup/60g sugar-free Peanut butter
- 1/4 cup/60g no added sugar Raspberry Jam
- Preheat oven to 180C. Grease two 6" springform cake tin and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, add flour, cornmeal, Natvia, baking powder, cinnamon and salt. Mix until well combined.
- In another bowl, whisk together milk, beaten eggs, melted butter and vanilla. Pour the wet into the dry ingredients. Using a spatula, fold gently until fully incorporated.
- Pour and divide the batter evenly between cake tins.
- Bake in preheated oven for 60 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into center comes out clean.
- Let cool completely before filling.
- Cut and slice each cake into three layers. Spread enough peanut butter, then strawberry jam, sandwich the layers to assemble.
- Top with a dollop of peanut butter and decorate with strawberry if desire.