You can find more sugar-free recipes like this one and more over on our Youtube at Healthy Treats. Liked this recipe? SAVE it to your collection
Prep: 20 minutes
Cook: 20 - 25 minutes
175 mls Buttermilk
300 g Plain flour (2 cups)
2.5 teaspoon Baking Powder
65 g Natvia (1/3 cup)
0.5 teaspoon Salt
65 g Sultanas (1/3 cup), optional
50 g Vegan Butter
- Preheat oven to 200°C and line a baking tray with grease proof paper and dust lightly with flour.
- Make the scones by making the buttermilk first. Meanwhile sift the flour, baking powder, Nativa and salt into a large mixing bowl. Stir through the sultanas.
- Rub in the butter using your fingers. Stir in the buttermilk and vanilla using the sharp end of a butterknife. This helps to cut through the butter in the dough.
- Using your hands bring the dough together to a large ball. Transfer to the baking tray and flatten it down to make a 18cm/ 7 inch round. Cut into 8 wedges and place each wedge 5cm/ 2 inches apart.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, they should be lightly golden in appearance. Leave to cool on trays for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely. Serve. NOTES
- NOTES: Best eaten fresh. Store covered in the fridge for 3 days. Reheat to serve.
|Carb||Pro||Fats||Energy KJ||Calories||Serving size|