Pistachio Chocolate Slice
Makes 18 Slice
140 g Shelled Pistachios
0.5 cup Natvia
275 g Mixed Dark & Milk Chocolate Chunks
200 g Self Raising Flour
0.33 cup Natvia
200 g Butter
100 mls Milk
0 Pinh of Salt
150 mls Sour Cream
- Line a square baking tin with baking paper & preheat Oven to 180°C.
- Whizz 140g Shelled Pistachios, 1/2 Cup Natvia, and 75g milk chocolate chunks in a blender until combined.
- In a new mixing bowl, add 200g Self Raising flour, 1/3 cup Natvia, 200g butter, 3 eggs, 100ml milk, and a pinch of salt.
- Stir mixture and once combined, add the blended pistachio mixture to the mixing bowl. Continue to whisk/beat the mixture until everything is throroughly combined.
- Spread the mixture evenly into the square lined baking tray. Bake in the oven for 35 - 40 minutes at 180°C.
- Whilst the slice is in the oven, place the rest of the 200g of mixed chocolate chunks into a double boiler or melting utensil and melt the chocolate.
- Once melted, add the chocolate to another bowl with 150ml sour cream and stir the two together until combined.
- Once browned, remove the slice from the oven and use a knife to trim the 4 edges off the square cake.
- Use the knife to also cut the slice horizontally down the middle, thus creating a top and a bottom layer of the slice.
- Set aside the top layer of the slice and spread the chocolate evenly across the bottom slice layer.
- Once the chocolate has been spread on the bottom layer, lay the top layer of the slice back on top.
- Spread the remaining chocolate on the very top layer of the slice.
- Cut the slice into portions for everyone to enjoy!
- Sprinkle any leftover pistachios on top of the slice to garnish.