Raspberry Layer Cake
Serves 2h 45mins
Prep time 25 minutes
Cooking time 30 minutes
FOR THE SPONGE
250 g Butter
250 g Natvia
160 g Eggs
2 teaspoon Vanilla Essence
250 g Raising Flour
FOR THE BUTTERCREAM
70 g Raspberries (1/2 cup)
1 teaspoon Vanilla Essence
250 g Butter
190 g Natvia
1 tablespoon Lemon Zest
FOR THE FILLING
500 g Coconut Cream
250 g Raspberries
25 g Desiccated Coconut (1/4 cup)
- Preheat oven to 180C
- Grease two round 18x20cm cake tins and line with baking paper.
- Beat the butter and Natvia for 3-5 minutes until combined. Continue to beat while adding the vanilla essence and then beat in the eggs gradually one at a time.
- Sift over the flour and then fold to combine with a metal spoon.
- Divide half of the batter between the lined tins and spread evenly, using the flat of the spoon to smooth the top.
- 5. Bake for about 15-20 minutes, until a skewer inserted comes out clean and then repeat with the remaining batter.
- 6. Let the sponges cool for at least 2 hours on a wire rack.
- 7. While the sponges are cooling make the butter cream. Pour the raspberries and vanilla essence into a small saucepan and bring to medium heat, simmer until reduced and then scoop out and cool in the fridge.
- 8. Beat the butter with the Natvia until combined. Add the raspberry mixture and the lemon zest and beat until combined and smooth.
- 9. Whip the cream.
- 10. Working with one cake round at a time, spread some buttercream around the edges to create a damn, dipping in a glass of hot water to help smooth the icing. Dollop and spread on some fresh cream, scatter over some raspberries and then place the second cake round on top, squishing down gently. Repeat with the next 2 layers and then leave the top layer bare. Ensure this layer is flipped upside down so that the flat bottom is on top. Starting from the top smooth the butter cream over the cake with a spatula, dipping in a glass of hot water to help smooth the icing.
- Decorate the cake with extra raspberries and some desiccated coconut.
|Carb||Pro||Fats||Energy KJ||Calories||Serving size|