Raspberry, Lemon & Almond Crumble Cake
100 g oat flour
50 g spelt flour
50 g ground almonds or almond flour
50 g Natvia sweetener
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
2 tablespoon flaxseeds (mixed with 4 tablespoons water)
2 Zest and juice of lemons
3 tablespoon oil (light olive, rapeseed or melted coconut oil)
150 mls almond milk
1 teaspoon apple cider or white wine vinegar
0.5 teaspoon almond extract
0.5 teaspoon vanilla extract
150 g fresh or frozen raspberries
3 tablespoon rolled oats
3 tablespoon flaked almonds
1 tablespoon Natvia sweetener
1 tablespoon oil
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees C and lightly grease and line a 20cm loose-bottomed cake tin.
- Mix together the flours, almonds, Natvia, baking powder and bicarbonate of soda in a large bowl. Stir the flaxseeds and water and set aside for 10 minutes.
- Add the lemon zest and juice, oil, milk, vinegar, almond, and vanilla extract along with the flaxseed mixture to the dry ingredients and mix well to form a slightly thick batter.
- Spoon into the prepared tin and spread out evenly. Scatter over the raspberries to cover.
- Mix together the topping ingredients then sprinkle over the fruit evenly Bake in the oven for about 35-40 minutes (cover after about 10 minutes to prevent the flaked almonds from burning), until firm to the touch.
- Leave to cool in the tin, then carefully remove and slice into 6. Enjoy! Keep any remaining slices in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days.