Red Currant Friands
Liked this recipe? SAVE it to your collection. You can find more sugar-free recipes like this one and more over on our Youtube at Healthy Treats. Liked this recipe? SAVE it to your collection
165 g Natvia (3/4 cup)
75 g plain flour (1/2 cup)
2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 tablespoon ground ginger
0.5 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1 teaspoon bicarbonate soda
6 egg whites, at room temperature
150 g butter, melted, cooled
150 g almond meal (1 1/4 cups )
3 tablespoon finely grated orange zest
40 g dried currants (1/3 cup )
200 g creme fraiche
200 g fresh or frozen red currants
1 black tea bag
125 mls boiling water (1/2 cup )
1 teaspoon vanilla bean, split lengthways, seeds scraped
75 g Natvia (1/3 cup)
2 teaspoon mixed spice
- Preheat the oven to 190C/170C fan. Line a 12-hole (1/3cup/80ml) muffin pan with paper cases.
- Blend Natvia in a high-speed blender until the consistency of icing sugar. Reserve 2 tsp.
- Sift powdered Natvia, flour, spices, and soda into a bowl.
- Whisk egg whites in a medium bowl with a fork until frothy. Add butter, almond meal, sifted dry ingredients and zest. Stir until just combined. Add dried currants, stirring until combined. Spoon mixture into paper cases.
- Bake 25 minutes until skewer inserted into centres comes out clean. Stand in pan 5 minutes then transfer to a wire rack to cool.
- SPICE SYRUP: Place tea bag in a small heatproof jug. Pour over boling water. Stand 5 minutes to infuse. Remove tea bag. Place vanilla bean and seeds, Natvia and mixed spice in a medium saucepan. Stir to combine. Add tea. Cook, stirring, over low heat 2 mins until Natvia dissolves. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low. Simmer, uncovered, without stirring, for 5 minutes until syrup thickens slightly. Remove from heat and discard vanilla bean. (Don't worry if the syrup recrystallises as it cools. Just reheat over low heat until it dissolves)
- Top friands with creme fraiche and red currants. Drizzle with hot syrup and dust with reserves sifted powdered Natvia.
|Carbs||Pro||Fats||Energy KJ||Calories||Serving size|