Red Velvet Cupcakes
0.5 cup unsweetened almond milk or milk of choice
0.5 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
1.5 teaspoon red food coloring
0.5 teaspoon vanilla extract
4 teaspoon Du Chocolat
1 each egg
0.25 cup Natvia
0.33 teaspoon vegetable oil
1 teaspoon white vinegar
1 cup plain flour
0.75 teaspoon baking soda
0.75 teaspoon baking powder
0.5 cup vegan butter or regular butter, room temperature
1.5 cup Natvia Icing Mix
0.75 teaspoon vanilla extract
1.5 tablespoon unsweetened almond milk or milk of choice
- Preheat oven to 180°C and line 8 cupcakes cups with liners.
- Mix together the milk and apple cider vinegar and set aside.
- Mix together the Du Chocolat, vanilla extract, and white vinegar and set aside.
- Whisk egg until light and fluffy. Add Natvia and mix until combined.
- Add vegetable oil, white vinegar, and milk mixture and mix until combined.
- Add the flour, baking soda, and baking powder and mix until combined.
- Add the red food coloring mixture and mix until combined.
- Divide between cupcake liners and bake for 12-16 minutes until toothpick comes out clean.
- Allow to cool completely.
- Paddle butter until light and fluffy.
- Add Natvia Icing Mix and mix for 2-3 minute until light and fluffy.
- Add the vanilla extract and milk and mix for 5 minutes until light and fluffy.
- Pipe or spread onto cooled cupcakes. If there is extra then store in refrigerator for up to a week.